Installing new Digital Thermostat Honeywell RTH2300B1038

Problems related to residential installations.

Moderator: juster

debo1977
Minimal

Installing new Digital Thermostat Honeywell RTH2300B1038

Post by debo1977 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 am

Hello World my name is John and I've got a problem obviously or I wouldn't be here at 2am (est). I planned to replace my thermostat this evening but ran into a problem. Anyway this is what I got took off the old thermostat non- digital. It had four wires red,white,green and blue hooked up to the red- red, green-green, white- yellow and blue- blue on the back of the old thermostat. Hooked up to the new thermostat red- red without the jumper did not know it needed one because there wasn't one already there, white- white green- green and blue- blue. It all works but my blower motor never shuts off wired this way. So I'm lost I cannot find any related info on the internet. I have tried to hook the white into the yellow but that had nothing working. I can tell you this the furnace is newer within 6 years it's a Comfortmaker. It is gas with an older central a/c unit. I cannot try the a/c because I'm in Michigan and it is -8F outside right now. Thank you in advance.

Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Installing new Digital Thermostat Honeywell RTH2300B1038

Post by Freon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 am

Go up to your furnace and find where the thermostat wires connect to the control board. Write down the wire color from the thermostat (Red etc) and the letter or other designation on the control board that that wire connects to. For example you may find the Red wire connects to a terminal labeled R and the Green wire connects to the terminal on the control board labeled G. We need to know where each thermostat wire ends at the control board.

Also write down any terminals on the control board that are empty... not used.

And you may need the jumper between Rh and Rc on the thermostat if you want the AC to work.

debo1977
Minimal

Post by debo1977 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 am

I appreciate your reply. I was afraid you were going to ask to look at the control board. Its not easily acceptable. But Ill see what I can do. Thank you again.

LennoxHVAC
Most Valued Contributor

Post by LennoxHVAC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

debo1977 -
> I appreciate your reply. I was afraid you were going to ask to look at the
> control board. Its not easily acceptable. But Ill see what I can do.
> Thank you again.

Turn off power supply to furnace.
Take your time. Use mirror.
Vacuum, and pick up any dust.
Small hog hair brush $.49 is a good tool to uncover.
I take pictures to help me sort it out.