Honeywell Chronotherm III message -AC

Problems related to residential installations.

Honeywell Chronotherm III message -AC

Postby Oneblackcat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 pm

I am not well versed in the HVAC system of this home. The AC was blowing, but with very minimal airflow through the ducts. It popped the breaker eventually. When I flipped the breaker back on, I now have this message displaying. I've changed the batteries, but that hasn't made a difference. All the filters seem to be clear, and the fan runs. It may be something in the heat pump itself that has limited flow, so I have scheduled a tech. Is there something I can do to fix the message? What does it mean? Thanks for any help!!
Oneblackcat
Minimal

- Honeywell Chronotherm III message -AC

Postby Freon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Read the thermostat manual for the error message meaning. Your first task is to determine why the airflow is poor. Check that all ducts are connected and not crimped in any way. Crimps can be a problem for flex duct. Check the evaporator coil. Many times poor owner filter habits in the past lead to clogged evaporator coils. If the system is low on refrigerant, it's possible the evaporator coil is icing up. If that's the case, initial air flow will be good but will deteriorate over time as ice forms on the coil.

Lastly it is possible the run capacitor on the blower (fan) motor is heading South. It's not likely but have the tech check the capacitance or replace it yourself with an identical matching capacitor. Be sure to turn off the power.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential