- Trane XL12 Heat Pump & Trane TWE040E13FB Air Handler
- No cooling & and no inside fans, and no activity at heat pump outside.
RECENT - massive lightning strikes last week?
- when I first checked the outside heat pump unit, the capacitor had a burned terminal at the HERM connection, so I did replace the capacitor .
- contactor is OUT
- when i push contactor in, unit starts normally
- top and bottom on right side of contactor reads 240v
- top and bottom on left side shows 0
- thermostat on wall shows 24v @ RH + G, and looks fine
- in basement shows 24v @ RH + G
- when I jumper them together, fan starts up on its slower speed, but nothing else
- both fuses look fine
- light on left side of control board blinking fast
- when I jumpered the RH + G, the control board light on left side would stay on a bit, then go dark, then blink six times, then start the cycle over
Installed new control board, due to the 6 blinks on the green light in it, but all remains exactly the same.
So now, am wondering if I should have replaced the contactor, too, since I had a burned HERM tab on the cap?
Any advice greatly appreciated!!