External Cut-off of Lennox Communicating Equipment

Problems related to residential installations.

External Cut-off of Lennox Communicating Equipment

Postby stevej01 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:53 am

Hi,

I would like to know

Are there any specific wire terminals designed into this equipment

Lennox XC25-048-230 CONDENSER, CBX3MV-048-230-6 air handler, iComfort Wi-Fi Thermostat

for the purpose of attaching an external sensor intended to stop the operation of the equipment for an external reason?

(Example reason for cut-off - rising water in condensate drain pan)

I would like to get an answer to this that I can be fully confident in, meaning that I can consider it well-sourced, authoritative, and final.

I suppose what this means for me is that I'd like to hear from someone who either has their own personal deep and complete knowledge and understanding of the wiring diagrams, or else who has spoken directly to Lennox Factory Tech Support about this subject and been informed by them.

FWIW, a direct answer to the question above, along with a few words about how that answer is known to be true will be the most valuable and appreciated form of reply.

Thanks!
stevej01
Minimal

- External Cut-off of Lennox Communicating Equipment

Postby Freon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Use a float switch in the condensate pan connected in series with the Y terminal from the thermostat.

Use a sail switch in the air handler return line connected in series with the Y terminal from the thermostat.

I have these installed in the system I built. I have no knowledge of wifi thermostats. Sadly electric storms can render any delicate electronics useless. I keep it simple because I am stupid (KISS philosophy).
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential